Monday, June 7, 2010

Signs you care too much about your blog.

According to ‘How I Met Your Mother’, blogs hit their peak about eight years ago. And according to my doctor (who recently wrote a diet book), there is no money in blogs. But that doesn’t stop me from spending half my day thinking about my blog.

You know you care too much when you start obsessing over it and doing the following:

1. Every time you meet someone new you always say, “Hey, read my blog.”

2. Every time you see an old friend you don’t say goodbye…you say, “Read my blog and sign up as a follower.”

3. You force your girlfriend and best friend to click on the Google advertisements on your webpage in order to make a whopping $2.07 in advertising revenue. (C'mon...who doesn't need Mechanical Bull Insurance?)

4. You check your blog page hourly to see if someone has written a comment.

5. You get overly-excited when you see a comment posted or a new follower.

6. Your facebook status and twitter feed is a continuous stream of daily links to your blog.

7. When people talk about something you have written about on your blog, you automatically scream out, “I wrote that in my blog.” And then get mad and ask, “Why aren’t you reading my blog?”

8. Anything you do in life automatically becomes a possible blog entry topic.

9. You spend your days thinking of catchy blog titles like “blogbrother” or “You don’t know Jack”.

10. You feel a bond with other people that write a blog. Like you’ve been to war together or something. And you're always down to guest-blog...

So my blog brothers...how many of these do you do every day?

3 comments:

  1. If these are signs of addiction, I may need an intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog = decrease in work productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to agree with sdubsports.

    ReplyDelete